Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pizza Hut Bookit program

That's right, its October, which means in our family the start of the school years reading program.

Pizza Hut puts on this cool reading challenge every year and for meeting your goals your child can earn a Personal pan Pizza once a month from October til March.

We did this for Kindergarten last year and it was a big hit. This year we are reading chapter books so its a bit more challenging.

I think we are going to make our goals based off of her comprehension of a book, Since she is in first grade and reading at a much higher level, I can not use the guidelines they present. We have gone beyond that since she was VERY young, and I feel basing it off of her normal is not a true challenge.

I think our goal will be three chapter books of her choice over the six months. We are starting book reports this year so I think we will end up lapbooking them for fun to teach the concepts of a book report.

I think we will focus on E. B. White as he has MANY books that are geared towards her comprehension and interest level.
He has Stewart Little, Charlotte's Web and The Trumpet and the Swan. We will do them in a different order as I want to save Charlotte's Web for last because she has seen the movie, but it will be a fun journey.

No comments: