Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 37ish

Ok, I lost track of monitoring our days.

We have been working at the three R's this month.

Focusing on Math and Writing the most.

When we started Elsie Dinsmore, I wasn't sure how it would go. She is a 19th century girl and I love her values, but the chapters are 20+ pages and not exactly easy Reading.

We have made it through three chapters so far.
what I love best about them is that Elsie is Homeschooled and expected to be perfect in her school work. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect her to do her absolute best....and I had not been getting that til now.

Elsie books from this particular series also have another benefit. Each chapter has a bible verse or two or three summarizing the points from the chapters lesson. Those are our writing assignments, Copy work.

Math is still coming from Horizons though, and she doesn't like it but is finally starting to get it. Elsie has much more work than Lauren so I remind her we could always add in the other subjects....I don't feel we are ready for those additions at this point, but we will be by the time she is actually Elsie's age (eight years old)

1 comment:

my life said...

p[lease email me I can try to help you.razzle51@YAHOO.COM
rOZ