Monday, September 29, 2008

Days 16-24

Ok I am really bad about posting the updates here, we have had a bit of an interesting month...lots going on but there is a lot of learning going on even that isn't being taught.

Yesterday Lauren did a math problem--a complex (at least for 1st grade) 3 step addition problem with out all of the facts, and it was RIGHT...

We were watching TV, I know a horrible waste of time...but obviously its not such a waste of time when learning is occurring.
The Sentence was, Actually, I have 6 big sisters and 3 little ones, Lauren looks at me and says That's 10 kids altogether....we were so proud, she has done Tom and Jerry Multiplication, and now Suite Life on Deck triple addition.

I try to show her math every chance we get because it surrounds us in every aspect of life, but often times I miss it as much as she does.

We have been working on seasonal worksheets this month and today she did some creative writing based off of a picture.

With no help from me, we have Three sentences, spelling errors and all... I will scan the picture in later this week.

The sun is shineing.
The apples are growing.
The ballons are floting.

Usually she asks for help spelling all words she doesn't know but this I wanted her to do with no help....she did pretty good if I do say so myself.

No comments: