Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Days 10 and 11

Well yesterday we got a lot accomplished, she is really learning a lot on her math.

She was struggling with her math facts, so I decided instead of fighting her to get her to learn it (she has a good grasp, just struggles with the fact that 5+3 is the same as3+5 and so she gets really frustrated) I had her choose 5 problems she was really struggling with, took their answers and basically wrote out ALL of the problems with those answers, so instead of doing just 5+3=8 she had to do 7+1, 6+2, 5+3, 4+4, 3+5, 6+2, and 7+1 We did that with 5 problems, so in reality she did 25 problems or so instead since some numbers ended up overlapping.
I think its time to invest in triangle flash cards.

She also worked on some phonics, language arts (choosing plural or singular) and more measuring.

Today is a light day, she will just be doing her math sheet and she is playing the Magic School bus game she has which covers, Mars and dinosaurs.

I am glad we can have quieter days so that I can do my homework too.

No comments: